Solved

IS THERE A WAY TO ENLONG INVENTORY ID? (more than 30)

• 15 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

I have some items which the supplier part number is more than 30 characters.

Our current setting is to put it under attribute, the issue with this it is not searchable when issuing Purchase Order.

So I want to move it to cross reference, then it comes this question, the limitation of cross reference length can be extended ?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 15 August 2022, 14:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jay13 

This is a limitation within Acumatica. It would require a customization to change the length. The only setback I have ever seen with it is that when you start extending that, it takes longer to search for items. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @jay13 Yes, we cannot increase the length by more than 30 characters by using configuration settings.

And customization is also a bit risky, where you need to change all the dependent tables (Overriding the each dependent DAC’s  to increase the length) 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved