Solved

Inventory Preferences - In-Transit Branch

• 26 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Can anyone explain if the In-Transit Branch default under Inventory Preferences has any impact?  I have a multi-branch company and of course would have any number of branches that would be in-transit when transferring or purchasing inventory.  I don’t understand how 1 default In-Transit Branch would even apply much less make sense to be mandatory setup under Inventory Preferences.

thanks for the input

icon

Best answer by mvolshteyn 27 October 2021, 20:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@KevinGilbert , basically  this is a branch attached to the ‘in transit warehouse’ (having CD = INTR, but not visible in UI) the same way as branches are attached to ordinary warehouses,

In particular, when you do a first step of a 2step transfer (say between WHOLESALE and RETAIL warehouses), GL Transactions are:

• Cr Inv Account and Branch attached to WHOLESALE
  • Dr In Transit Account and *In Transit Branch*

let me know if it clarifies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@mvolshteyn 

Does the two-step (with receipt) create a new inventory item with the target branch inventory class? Working on splitting a branch in two and trying to avoid journal entries to move costs as well as prefer to not replicate inventory items for each branch.

Thank you,

Dave Z

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@dmzasdf , no the  two-step inventory transfers do not create new inventory items

They are transfers of existing inventory items between warehouses

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved