Solved

Inventory Adjustment Approval Workflow?

• 19 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Has anyone created an approval workflow for issuing inventory adjustments? Our controller was wondering if this was a possibility.

Thanks,

Jonathan

icon

Best answer by Laura02 19 July 2022, 15:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @rosenjon 

Which version do you referring to? I think it’s possible using 22 R1 with new workflow engine.

I want to try that also.

Thanks

Daru

Badge +16

Hello @rosenjon ,

I see that Approvals screen in 2022 R1 doesn’t support approval of Inventory transactions, and Inventory Preferences screen has no Approvals tab where we can connect/activate approvals.

Therefore we can’t use Approvals screen to meet your requirements. Maybe with business events?  Although a business event will only trigger a notification, it will not require an approval. 

Maybe consider allowing the user to save the entry but not release it, then having managers check and release adjustments instead of the entry person.  However, removing rights to release inventory transactions will affect the first user’s ability to release other inventory transactions like receipts and issues.

Here is a recent, related post for more details.  Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @rosenjon - were you able to find a solution for your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @rosenjon 

There is not currently that functionality in the system. Inventory is not approval based. Someone above mentioned the workflow editor, and this may work if you understand customizations. 

Here is the help documentation:

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=7666373a-3ac9-4a1c-ab1c-b9f0ddf81c6c

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

For a “duct tape” version of this, you could use field-level security to only allow the approver to click the RELEASE button on the Adjustment.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I can write a customization for this if we really need it. I was just wondering if it might be out of the box functionality with the right configuration.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved