Installing Acumatica Demo and Service Unavailable 503 Error

• 13 January 2022
  • 6 replies

I am trying to create a demo to mess around with so we can be as educated as possible before we start using Acumcatica live. I have downloaded the installer from this site and installed it according to the installation guide and I inserted the “Sales Demo” data to mess with. When I go to pull up the website it first says that it refused the connection and then I get a 503 Error. I open up my IIS manager and that application pool has stopped. I also look in the event viewer for a clue and I get 5 warnings.

The first 3 state the following:

“A process serving application pool 'Acumatica' suffered a fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service. The process id was '24456'. The data field contains the error number.”

The second 2 state:

“A process serving application pool 'Acumatica' terminated unexpectedly. The process id was '23804'. The process exit code was '0xc0000005'.”

Then an error:

Application pool 'Acumatica' is being automatically disabled due to a series of failures in the process(es) serving that application pool.

I am not sure what I did/doing wrong! If someone could please give me a little direction.

Thank you very much!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@jstuck23  Below article is explained about the installation of Acumatica setup, hope you have followed. Can you please reverify

https://www.acumatica.com/blog/quick-start-acumatica-developer-guide/

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jstuck23 

Please provide your server configuration. Ensure it meets system requirement mentioned on our installation guide (the server part in particular).

https://help-2021r2.acumatica.com/(W(4))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=a8d5d39d-513a-4f93-b484-a95eb33103a1

Let us know if all components comply recommended setup.

Regards,

I am within in all of the requirements with the exception of that I am installing it on Window 11 Pro  @vkumar 

Yes that is the way I have installed Acumatica several times @Naveen B 

So something new. I have opened the site up in Visual Studio Community Edition and I get the following message:

It is looking for an identity.cs file and it can’t find it anywhere in the Acumatica installation folder or the C:/. I am not sure what in the world is going on here but I would appreciate any more help that anyone can provide! 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jstuck23 were you able to figure this out? Thanks!

@Chris Hackett No, I just gave up. It was not worth the time and hassle. Thank you for following checking.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@jstuck23  I too encountered the same error. Upon analysing it came to my view the the IIS Application Pool was stopped. Now after restarting it, my instance got running.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved