Solved

how to update unit cost manually

• 18 December 2020
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

hello everyone!

can someone show me how to update unit cost manually for an inventory item?

thanks in advance,

mrivera67

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 18 December 2020, 12:13

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Below links will help you to understand and update the unit cost. 

https://www.augforums.com/forums/acumatica-distribution-modules/default-purchase-order-unit-cost-last-vendor-price-stock-items/

https://help-2019r1.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=4aa635bc-2723-49fc-8ce0-41d035e5821e

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello @mrivera67,

To change the Unit Cost of an item, you can create the Inventory Receipt with with new “Unit Cost”, accordingly it will update the Unit Cost. Please find the screenshot for reference.

Userlevel 1

@Naveen B Doing a receipt will also add qty on hand to the inventory which might not be the route to go if only unit cost needs to be updated.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Naveen B!

Userlevel 1

Hello,

If Valuation Method is “Standard”, then you can enter desired Unit Cost in Price tab. After adding the Cost and date, please perform Update Cost from Actions menu

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@mrivera67

I concur with @balakrishnak12.

When we change the “Valuation Method” as Standard then the “Standard Cost” section will be enabled under the “Price/Cost Info” tab and we can able to provide the values. (it will not enable for other methods).

After providing the values and click on the “Update” Action, then it will update the “Standard Cost” fields only. but not the “Cost Statistics” fields.

Just FYI, For the existing stock items, we can not change the “Valuation Method”, until the Stock Item Qty On Hand is Zero.

Below code from OOTB, for the Update Cost action for your reference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mrivera67 

As mentioned on previous post, 

• if the valuation method of the item is ‘Standard cost’, then, only the ‘Pending standard cost’ column is available for edit
  • For all other valuation methods, only the ‘Last cost’ column will be active on the ‘Price/Cost info’ tab and available for editing.

One can manually update this if it's for individual items, else, one can use an ‘Import scenario’ to update multiple records in bulk.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Everyone, 

So I did an inventory receipt to update the unit cost as I have the ‘AVERAGE’ valuation enabled, but when I check the stock item...the cost is not update at all...I am using 2020 R1, I don’t understand why it is not updating the unit cost...am I not doing something right? Could someone please try this on their test environment? Many thanks.

Kind rgards,

mrivera67

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @mrivera67 

Have you provided new Unit cost in Inventory Receipt. ?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Naveen B,

Yes, I did and I released the inventory receipt...there were several items on the receipt and none of them were updated...and I did several receipts too just to confirm, and none of the inventory receipts that I created and released updated any of the unit cost. 

Kind regards,

mrivera67

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @mrivera67 

I did a small test in my test environment. Please check the attached video recording in zip format for your reference.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for this Naveen B, this means that there is something wrong with my system.

Kind regards,

mrivera67

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks a lot for verifying and confirming this.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Naveen

Please advise, if the item is active and costing is average, when I assemble the item (Kitting item) is has a cost value in that location because that is where it was receipted into from Vendor purchases. However when i transfer that kit item into another location from where it will be sold the cost value no is Zero. This happens even when I assemble the kit in the second location

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved