Skip to main content
Solved

How to set up to pick the COGS by the customer

• 24 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I need track the COGS and Sales for a specific customer . I was looking for a way to set up the COGS and sales account to be picked based on this specific customer.

This seems  not possible with the available options and I identified one issue which is if we have set up the posting class to pick the sales account by the inventory and also we have a different sales account in the customer’s GL accounts, the system always picks the account from the Inventory ID. How can I set the priority to pick the account entered in the customer rather than picking it from inventory ID?

Further, I can check the sales for the specific customer in the sales account, since in the account details customer is available. I can filter and see. But in the COGS account, the business account is not available. I will be able to create a GI to connect and show the customer for COGS transactions but Do you see any other options to see the COGS for a specific customer?

Thank You,

Dulanjana

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Did you try Profitability reports? Acumatica’s standard Profitability reports show COGS by Customer. With Profitability reports, you can select a Customer, a range of dates and can select only Released (posted) documents or include all documents for the range.

You can simply print the Profitability reports to find COGS by customer over a range of time… or you can study the design of Profitability reports as a model for adding COGS to your custom report.

Inventory Posting Classes control the options for choosing which Account COGS is posted to, and Customer is not one of the options:

On your custom GI, you would need to connect the posted Invoiceto the Sales Order, to the Inventory batch, by line, to find COGS by customer: difficult but not impossible:

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello @Laura02 ,

Thank you for your detailed response. Yes for the moment we can decent on the profitability report. 

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Dulanjana