Solved

How to set up Print Shipment Labels Automatically 

• 13 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I saw the “Pick,Pack and Ship” screen has a setting that is Print Shipment Labels Automatically. I want to use it with Device Hub. How do I make it work? I can’t find any docs in official guideline. Anyone knows?

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 13 May 2021, 18:31

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @larryly,

The shipping labels work with the carrier integration; it will print the UPS/FedEx/USPS/etc. label that is retrieved online when you confirm a shipment. If you haven’t done so already, you will have to start with Carrier configuration. I recommend using a Zebra or ZPL-compatible printer, and to configure the label format to ZPL in Carriers.

Have you set up DeviceHub actually? Do you have a printer configured for your user account in the User Profile → Printing Settings tab?

Let me know where you’re at and I’ll provide additional links to help you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Gabriel Michaud  Thank you so much. User Profile/Printing Setting is what I’m looking for. Will give it try and update how it going. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Gabriel Michaud  It should be working. But I test device hub in my training system. Printer connected to Acumatica. I can see the printer is active in system. I tried to print vis device hub but nothing happened.  Every print job is Pending on print jobs screen. Did I miss anything? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I checked out logs and find a notification exception. Go to Push Notification screen and get an error message that need MS MQ. Will ask our partner to install MS MQ and update later. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@larryly good catch!!! -- DeviceHub definitely relies on push notifications to work (I forgot about it, the initial beta was just doing a “pull” periodically).

If anyone from Acumatica is reading this, I think it would be a good idea to had a clear error message when trying to dispatch a print job if MSMQ is not available.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Gabriel Michaud It’s working now.  You are right. It should be have a red circle on print job line that like data error message on scenario. I read every line in trace log because there is no error message. I found the exception in an Information log. It’s bother me for a week.   Hope it working well with scan gun.  Also thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have it configured and printing automatically from WMS Pick Pack & Ship screen, however it is first printing the Acumatica shipping label report and then printing the FEDEX shipping label.  Is there a configuration setting to prevent the Acumatica shipping label report from printing prior to the FEDEX shipping label?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved