Solved

how to resolve " inventory of inventory id does not exist in the system" error on the sales order form?

when i put the inventory id in the details tab of the sales order form, i get the following error " inventory of inventory id does not exist in the system". so i am unable to process the new sales order.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 13 March 2023, 00:59

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @salmana91 ,

Did you check the “Trace” under Tools --- Trace? you can get a clue to where the error could be.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Also check the stock item status under Stock items. Generally it should be in “Active” status

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi@salmana

Have you done any customization ? can you unpublish the customization and review the scenario again.,

Please refer the suggestion below.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46443739/error-inventory-id-cannot-be-found-in-the-system

Guys item status is active and there is no published customization in the tenant.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @salmana91 

Can you try the following?

1. Copy the item into a new item ex: AACOMPUT01_TEST
  2. Change ID of original item to something else say AACOMPUT01_NEW
  3. Change the id of the new item (#1) back to original name

Try using the item on a Sales order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @salmana91  I did not find such an error in native Acumatica (I may be wrong also) but is there customization deployed in other tenants?

Because, if any package is deployed in any tenant, but that customization will affects in all the tenants. 

Please do check! 

Badge +18

Hello @salmana91 ,

Is your Inventory ID segmented, is one segment called “Inventory”, and is ‘Validate’ checked ON for the Inventory segment ?

If you answer Yes-Yes-Yes,  then all possible values for the Inventory segment must be first set up in Segmented Values screen:

Badge +18

You may also UNCHECK the option to Validate your “Inventory” segment .

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@salmana91 hi! i wasn’t able to replicate this issue either.  have you made any changes to the features or config settings?

Thanks,

Iqra

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @salmana91 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved