Solved

How to Process Requisition Requests with Non-existing items

We are new to acumatica and trying to use the Purchase Request / Requisition process. In our legacy system the users will make purchase request for known and unknown items. In acumatica we are able to make the requests for unknown items however, when our purchasing personal try to create the requisition from the request we get errors as the ItemID does not exist. Is there a workflow where you can take the request item information and create a new item from it? Or does anyone have any ideas on how you could allow requestors to make a request for non-existing items or vendors?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 4 March 2022, 21:23

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @bmortenson  You can create requests without an Inventory ID, however to do a Requisition, you need an Inventory ID, which can be created on the spot by double clicking the Inventory ID box.  This is out of the box functionality. 

@kbeatty21 thank for your response. We I double click the inventory id it only activates the field, clicking the magnify class only brings up existing inventory items with not apparent option to create a new item from my request. If I choose an existing item it overwrites the line (as expected). If I try to type a new item code I get an error that the item does not exist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@bmortenson  You can remove the hold first, it will throw that error but then it should let you double click to add the new item. 

@kbeatty21 thank you again, one step closer. The new item form did open, however a couple questions with that. Should the description populate in the form, i had to copy and paste it? The form that opens is the Stock item, however the items created in this scenario would nearly always be a non-stock item, is there a way to change the form that opens or have options?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21 anything further you can offer @bmortenson ? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It looks like out of the box is only to add a Stock Item. 

@kbeatty21 thank for the reply. Working through this it looks like I can sort of accomplish what I need by creating a non-stock item that is generic placeholder. Over all I am finding that the request/requisition features are half-baked at best so I a may have to customize or go a different route to make this work in a user-friendly manner. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @bmortenson, I’m the ERP Product Manager - Product Success here at Acumatica and I would like to hear more about this business scenario.  I would like to meet with you to walk-through this scenario.  Can i send you a teams meeting invite?  -Dana

@Dana Moffat Yes, I would appreciate that.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Dana Moffat Hello, I also have customers (3) who are already using or are in the implementation process of Requests/Requisitions. And, while the basic functionality/workflow is what they’re looking for, it’s a bit clunky and doesn’t always function as defined in the documentation.

The functionality that @bmortenson is looking for is something that my customers have requested as well.

I am very thankful that this forum exists 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @bmortenson,

I have emailed you a Teams meeting invite with proposed date/times to meet.

Thanks - Dana

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @donnadeskins55 ,

Can i also send you a meeting invite ?

thanks - Dana

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Absolutely!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Dana Moffat Anything come of this? We have a client asking for something similar. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Brian Rowerdink I have been conducting interviews and gathering requirements.  Can i send you a meeting invite so that you can participate in this process?  - Dana

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved