Solved

How to keep SO open after creating shipment?

• 3 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to keep the Sales Order status ‘Open’ after creating shipment?

We use either create shipment, or quick process, to create shipment, confirm shipment, and print shipping confirmation - But want to go back and update details on the SO such as price and CustomerOrderNbr after the order has shipped.

TY in advance!

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 3 May 2023, 16:18

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @xkylewrightx 

1. Created a sales order for Item “A” QTY 2 and shipped the Item.
  2. Shipment created and confirmed.
  3. Navigate back to sales order and “ reopen the order 
  4. After re-opening the order you can update the customer order Number
  5. Click on Open Order
    1. Now the system will allow to increase the qty but not the price.

Please review the above steps and let me know if it is helpful or not.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @manikantad18 -

This is not an ideal solution, but works for the PO#.

I can neither update price nor quantity after reopening order.

The ideal solution would be a status between ‘Shipped’ and ‘Completed’ where customer service can release the order to billing.

This is necessary in make to order scenario where the customer is charged time and materials after the order is manufactured. Neither the customer order number, nor the price of the line item on the order, are available at the time of shipment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @xkylewrightx 

The only way I have found this to work is that once the order has Shipped, you can Reopen the Order. However, that places it in Backorder and then you can only update certain fields. Pricing is not one of those though.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@xkylewrightx i suggest to create a product idea. We also have sometimes such an request and currently there is no way to change SO-Line Details

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@xkylewrightx i suggest to create a product idea. We also have sometimes such an request and currently there is no way to change SO-Line Details

@PatrickSchlenker90 

That’s a great idea! I also have customers with the same request. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

If the invoice has not been released, you can change the customer order number and the price of the line item but it will not change the original Sales Order.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved