Question

How to find the Purchase order owner email address

• 18 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2

We have a business event which sends a notification to the Purchase Order Approver.

We want the owner of the PO to be notified also. Which screen field should be used so that the PO owners email can be copied in the CC field on the email template?

Regards

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @wsobers 

The Owner of the PO is an Employee:

Their email address is in the Employee listing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @wsobers 

In the notification template when you select the Purchase order you will get owner email from the selection 

If you created a seperate Generic inquiry for Business events then you need to pull the data from epemployee datatable based on the owner of the PO 

Userlevel 2

@manikantad18 - Can you tell me what GI and BE stand for?

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Comments edited. @wsobers 

Attached rough generic inquiry to pull the owner emails from PO screen

Userlevel 2

@manikantad18  and @kandybeatty49 -

In both cases - selecting Employee and Also selecting Owner, the specified field is ‘((Employee.OwnerID.EMail))’.

When I use this field on the email template, it does not resolve to an Email address. The value is always blank on the generated email (I set myself as PO owner on  the test PO).

It seems that fields like the phone numbers 1,2 and 3 are also not showing up.

Any ideas why?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @wsobers were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @wsobers, I’m having the same issue. it comes up blank. Where you able to find a fix for this?

Userlevel 3
Badge

here is an example of my email template. the owners name comes up correctly though in the body next to purchaser but doesn’t show in the to section of the email.

also note, when I try with my email, my email does show up and work. do the users need rights to the employee screen?

any thoughts are appreciated.

Hi,

Found where to pull the email from. 

Path: Purchase Order > Owner > Employee ID > Default Contact* > Email

*Default contact is the second one on the list.

((Document.EmployeeID.AcctCD.DefContactID.EMail))

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved