Solved

How to create bar codes for stock items in report designer

• 25 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

How do you create barcode labels for stock items using the report designer?

I have configured the report to print barcodes for each item, however, the printed bar codes for each item are all exactly the same.

Am I missing something here? 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 25 August 2022, 20:37

View original

6 replies

Badge +16

Hello,

First barcodes are added to Stock items on the Cross-Reference page. Then the Alternate ID field (where alternate type = Barcode) is added to the report as a Picture Box.

I can’t remember the exact settings for the Behavior and Data section;  tell the report writer the Field name to print is INItemXRef.AlternateId and choose proper type of Barcode.  I hope I’ve given enough information to help you.

Also, an example of the output of your report may help the next person, in case I have not given enough information; please consider posting the printed results. Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you Chris. That worked!

Following your instructions, my report settings are as follows:

I didn’t do any changes to the barcode settings on the report designer.

Are there any other fields one can use for the barcodes? What I need now are bar code labels for the warehouses and also for lot/serial numbers. 

What I have done for the warehouses, is created  a ‘dummy’ inventory and added all warehouse ID’s to the AlternateID of the ‘dummy’ inventory. It seems to work too, but I wondered if there is a more straight forward way to do this.

Any ideas how to create the barcodes for the lot/serial no’s?

Thanks again for you help.

Badge +16

Hello,

Yes, I believe you can create a barcode out of any set of numbers/letters you want.  If you want a barcode representing the Warehouses, you can turn Warehouse ID into a bar code, and/or Warehouse-location ID, using the above steps.

I wanted to show adding an Attribute/ User Defined Field to the warehouses to hold the text field that represents barcode for the warehouse, but I don’t see ability to connect an Attribute. Could be a new Idea for this website to allow addition of UDF/Attribute in every screen or could be, I need more coffee. 😉

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you Laura. Yes an attribute would be helpful.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I found the solution, where the INSite table can be used for the barcode of the warehouse, so no alternative ID required. The same for the lot/serial number.

Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@suemackeown13 can you share the .rpx file you created for a single item barcode?

It’s baffling that Acumatica does not have an out of the box report to print item barcodes...

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved