Solved

How to change the default pick list on the Process Shipments screen

• 6 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have a customer who wants to use the Pick List - Confirm Picked with Barcodes pick list as the default on the PROCESS SHIPMENTS screen:

I thought that by changing the Pick List report on the Sales Order Preferences screen, it would accomplish my goal but it didn’t:

Where do I set what the default pick list prints for the PROCESS SHIPMENTS screen?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by jeremyd45 13 December 2023, 22:28

View original

6 replies

Also curious about this.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @donnadeskins55 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@donnadeskins55 please check your DM.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@donnadeskins55  We can achieve this with the below simple steps from the Customization Editor. 

1. Open the Customization Package and select the Process Shipments screen
  2. Select the Fields from the Left Side menu and choose the Field i.e. Action.
  3. Here we have an option to select the Default Value. Please find the screenshot for reference.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

So just to be clear here, you have to create a NEW customization process to modify the default report ID for the barcoded pick list and the mailing and printing settings do NOT need to be changed?

It seems odd to me that you would have a spot to identify a default report (clearly identifying pick list) but not allow you to easily change the report without publishing a customization? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I could not help to think that there had to be an easier way to do this. I ended up just saving the SO644004 report as the SO644000 report as a new version, then I didn’t have to do anything for the format. My brain wasn’t thinking about this as an option, but still, it would be nice if the functionality was there to select a report as a default as would be expected. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved