Solved

how to change name of inquiry in my UI

• 24 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have marked Inventory / Inquiries / Inventory Summary for inclusion in my favorites, but on my favorites page I would like it to say Item Allocation instead of Inventory Summary.  I don’t want it to change for the other users.

It seems like a good solution would be to copy this to a new GI with a new name, but I don’t know how to do that.  I have admin rights.  I see screen ID CST.IN.40.10.00 but I don’t see a way to edit or copy that.  I can’t find this screen under Generic Inquiries.  I’ve read here that it needs to be done with a Customization but is there a simple way to do that?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 24 March 2023, 17:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Edit: whoops I did not see that you are referencing Inventory Summary inquiry not a GI. Yes you would need to create a customization, which would be easy if the new name applied to everyone and more difficult if the new name applied only to you

----

To copy a GI, go to the inquiry and hit ‘Edit Generic Inquiry’ on the top right

Then click ‘Copy’

Then you can click the plus (+) to create a new GI, give this a title, and then hit ‘Paste’ under the same clipboard menu to paste the original GI parameters into the new GI. 

The ‘Site Map Title’ field is where you would change the name that you see. 

I would not personally recommend having multiple copies of the same GI just to change the visual name, as it would turn into a maintenance headache if you had to make changes to the GI down the road

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @NathanKahn 

Unfortunately this would be a customization. Those items in your Favorites are based on what the title of the screen is. 

However, you can copy the GI and create a new one based on your own title. Here is how below:

1. On the GI, copy 
  1. Create a New GI with the + sign, then rename it. Next, you will hit the Copy > Paste from the Clipboard. Then Save your new GI and you can View Inquiry. You can then Save that screen to your favorites.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved