Question

How does the Freight Cost for Drop-Ship Shipments get calculated?

• 4 December 2023
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve been digging into some freight margin details lately, and I noticed that some Drop-Shipment Shipments (that are really PO Receipts) have a Freight Cost that is hitting our ARTran table. Does anyone know how that is calculated and why Acumatica automatically applies that (mystery) cost to the Invoice? 
In our scenario, our Drop-Ship POs are truly not drop-ships, we are purchasing services from a vendor, not physical products. There is no freight cost associated to these receipts, so how/why is that calculated?

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Can you show us a screenshot of the purchase receipt and bill?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Jeff96 here’s the PO Receipt.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I can send you a Bill screenshot too, but I don’t see anywhere on the Receipt or Bill documents that mention freight at all. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Can you send a screenshot of the totals tab on the order?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Jeff96 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Jeff96

Your freight cost is coming from the freight cost field on the SO. I’m guessing your setting on the Sales Order Preference Screen (SO101000) is to allocate it proportionately between the items on the order; that’s why it’s less on the invoice than on the SO since the invoice is only for half of the SO.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Jeff96 the “Freight Allocation on Partial Shipping” is related to Freight Prices, not Costs. 
Also we have it set to “Full Amount First Time”. I’m concerned with Costs. 

Where is the $75.57 cost coming from on that Drop-Shipment PO Receipt? 
That shows up in our customer margins but is not applicable whatsoever. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I guess I’ll add this to the list of acu-magical mysteries unless someone else has any thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @max21 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Chris Hackett not yet. Acumatica support has been investigating for several weeks but nothing yet. 

Hi @max21  is there an update on this from Acumatica Support? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@max21 -  Hi Max, can you please direct message me, the customer support case#?  

thanks,

Dana

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sorry for the delay — yes Acumatica support got back to me. 
They said that a change request is reported to our analyst team to correct this issue.

They suggested two workarounds that unfortunately weren’t applicable/possible based on our situation. 

@Dana Moffat case #344071

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’ll message to the case about your feedback about the workarounds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @max21 , just wanted to let you know that there is now a change request with the development team. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Dana Moffat - do you have an ETA on this?  I don’t see it on the list of known issues.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved