Solved

Have freight on Drop ship auto apply to Sales Order

• 2 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Vendor charges Freight for Drop Ship on PO.

Auto shipment created for drop ship receipt on sales order:

Sales order gets completed upon auto receipt and no opportunity to charge back freight to customer on sales order:

Freight can be added manually to Sales Invoice before release but the freight charge backs can be missed which happens most of the time.

Any way to have freight populate on the Sales Order upon release of receipt?

icon

Best answer by mvolshteyn 6 October 2020, 16:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@nvadera7 , can you clarify how vendor freight is going to be recorder in drop ship PO? as a line type of Freight type?

Anyway, there is no  ready out-of-the box functionality to transfer freight from drop ship po to so or invoice, but I believe it can be done via a business event or a  customization - 

1. you can enter sales orders with Ship Terms having ‘Freight Source Based On’ = Order and ‘Override Freight Price’ = true
  2.  when drop ship po is create and released, copy the freight amount from PO to the SOOrder.CuryFreightAmt field
  3. Then this freight will be copied to invoice

I believe it could be no issue to set up business event for this, Let me know if further advice here is needed 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the recommendation. Will review best option.

Any of suggestions here? We pass on the billed freight charges to our customers on all Drop-Ship orders. It would be great to be able to enter that freight amount on a PO Receipt and have that billed to the customer on the invoice when prepared from the Sales Order. Thanks!

What if you do not know the freight amount until after you receive the vendor invoice?

Thanks for asking these questions! I’m currently how to try to design this in a much better way than originally planned. Did anyone get any feedback not posted or discover a way to accommodate a freight charge on a drop ship purchase order and then have the choice to have that added to the original sales order?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved