Solved

Freight on shipment but not charge

• 31 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to put a freight charge on a shipment but not invoice the customer for it? They want it to be deducted on projects so that they can track the costs of shipping.

For example, if the freight is $100, it would show on the shipment and the invoice but not charge to the invoice. It would deduct from the budget on the project. 

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 3 September 2023, 23:15

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello Kandy,

I think the shipping cost will update the Projects when the Freight Bill is entered in AP (with projects on the Detail lines); project shipping costs are updated when paying the shipping vendor’s invoice.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello Kandy,

I think the shipping cost will update the Projects when the Freight Bill is entered in AP (with projects on the Detail lines); project shipping costs are updated when paying the shipping vendor’s invoice.

Laura

HI @Laura02 

But how can I make it not bill the customer? That’s what I am looking for. 

Badge +18

Hi,

How & why is the Shipping Charge being added to the Sales Order?  If the customer shouldn’t be charged freight, omit shipping charges from the sales order. (Maybe I am oversimplifying this part?)

On the AP Bill,  Un-select/Clear the “Billable” checkbox for freight lines that should update expense on a project but not bill the customer. With freight lines marked not-billable, any Project Billing Rule that might pass freight charges through to some customers will not charge the customer in this particular case where only the cost of freight should be added to the project.

If no customer should be charged freight, any Time & Materials billing rules should not include the Freight Account Group.  Remove the line marked with X, if it exists in the Time & Materials billing rule:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Laura02 

Here is the scenario: They put a budget on a project for freight and the freight gets costed on the Shipment. They then want that cost to be applied to the budget on the project, however, it does not. Even if you tried to use a Non-Stock item, you still have to show the freight cost on the shipment and there is no way to deduct that amount. It looks like this will need to be a customization.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Have you considered using a shipping term to discount the freight by 100% if it’s over $0.01?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Have you considered using a shipping term to discount the freight by 100% if it’s over $0.01?

I tried that and it didn’t work as the client wanted. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved