Focus Group: Credit Card Reauthorization Process

• 25 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

About: We would like to gather your feedback regarding our credit card authorization and re-authorization process. This is important for commerce and distribution companies which process special orders or take orders with a long lead time before the order is shipped.

In this focus group we will:

• Providing a short demo of credit card authorizations and how it works today
  • Discuss how to manage expiring authorizations

Audience: Customers and partners who need this feature or have knowledge of workflows and how it can be delivered.

Date/Time: Dec 16 @ 8:00 a.m. PDT / 11:00 a.m. EDT

Registrationhttps://webinar.ringcentral.com/webinar/register/WN_ExcQopQXSO6qE_bAsksWQg

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am in!   Eager to talk to customers and partners around credit card processing workflows!  this is a really exciting solution we are working on for automated tracking and re-authorization for existing credit card authorizations they may expire if not used quickly enough. 

It also covers multiple shipments with single authorization scenarios where auth can only be used once and you need to automate authorizations for the backorders.

We really could use your feedback, so please post here, register using link above, and joint us!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Count me in. We have not taken advantage of using authorizations yet, but I believe there may be some use cases for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Doug Johnson , do you have the recording of this webinar?

I’m particularly interested in the pre-auth adjustment process (increasing the pre-auth amount after invoice is created).  Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@yurik05 I posted a short video of the new credit card payments features in 2021 R1 : 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Doug Johnson @Ali Jani, are you still looking for customer feedback relating to preauthorizations and reauthorizations? These processes are highlyrelevant to our distribution business.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@MichaelTobi Customer feedback is always welcome. In 2021 R1 we introduced several enhancements to streamline credit card authorizations. In 2021 R2 we are planning to enable our customers to capture more than the amount that they authorized to reduce the number of credit card transactions. I will reach out via email.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Doug Johnson are there any updates regarding this and 2021 R2?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Unfortunately other priorities caused this item to be postponed because the provider that we support (Authorize.net) does not support capturing more than preauthorized.

We are addressing this as part of a larger payments initiative. In the meantime we have several partners (such as VelocIT) who have developed third party solutions that address this need.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Doug Johnson  - I have a question regarding the re-authorization process.  In your video, you “re-opened” your sales order from Back Order status after the first partial shipment was sent.  Is this necessary to generate the re-authorization or can the re-authorization occur so long as the SO is not on hold?  Also - the documentation states that using the Create and Authorize function, Acumatica will authorized based on the “unpaid” balance on the order, correct?  So this is to say that any payment tied to sales order, regardless of document status, would be considered to be “paid” as far as the sales order is concerned?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved