Solved

Error on Shipment of Lotted Items

• 10 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Receiving the following error when trying to create a shipment for a lotted item.

Not sure I understand this error because there is 1 item available in that specified lot. This error happening on all lotted items on Sales Orders.

icon

Best answer by jwarren 11 January 2023, 16:55

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jwarren 

Is this item on hand? If so, you do not need to mark for PO, that may be why it is throwing that error. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

HI @jwarren 

Is this item on hand? If so, you do not need to mark for PO, that may be why it is throwing that error. 

Thanks for the reply - it was marked for PO so it could be purchased directly from the SO. It is in stock now - that being said even once unclicking mark for PO, the same error arises.

Strangely, if I go to Line Details and I un-allocate the item, I’m able to create the shipment. However this defeats the purpose of issuing a PO directly from the SO, since you need to un-allocate in order to ship it? And then once you go to shipment you still need to make sure you select the correct location/lot … 

Not sure if others have experienced this issue?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @jwarren ,

Is the PO linked to the Sales Order?

If so, has the Purchase Receipt been released?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @jwarren ,

Is the PO linked to the Sales Order?

If so, has the Purchase Receipt been released?

Yes and Yes.

And it's allocated within Line Details.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @jwarren ,

It looks like this may be due to data corruption, but I can’t be sure.
As a workaround you could try un-linking the PO, delete the line, add it again, then link the PO again.

You could also try running the Recalculate Inventory process.

I am not sure, though, of the root cause here. It looks like everything is setup correctly.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @jwarren ,

It looks like this may be due to data corruption, but I can’t be sure.
As a workaround you could try un-linking the PO, delete the line, add it again, then link the PO again.

You could also try running the Recalculate Inventory process.

I am not sure, though, of the root cause here. It looks like everything is setup correctly.

Thanks Hannah.

I reached out to Acumatica Support and have learned this error was due to the Operations settings within the Sales Order Type. I had shipment plan type set to SRVBOOKED instead of SOAllocated.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved