Solved

Double qty available for Purchase Receipt

• 7 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have a new implementation of Acumatica and are finding our way around.  We have noticed that it is possible to receipt a higher qty of items than was on the original PO, it seems like at least double or more.  How can we prevent or limit this?  On the vendor the max% is set to 100.  Surely it should not allow more than 100%?

icon

Best answer by etrojan73 7 February 2022, 20:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @MarciaW  In the Purchase Order screen, the system will allow more Receipt Qty than the Purchase Order Qty like below. If you wanted to restrict this entry only less than equal to the Purchase Order Qty, we need to come up with a small piece of customization.

Customization

When a user tries to enter a more than Purchase Order Qty, the system will provide a validation error message.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@MarciaW 

Hi, sounds like you have the maximum receipt threshold already set to 100% but do you have the receipt action set to reject? With these settings below, the system will only allow you to receive an amount that matches the purchase order quantity ordered field. The system will prevent you from over receiving in this case. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you so much, this is super helpful, I’ve been getting all caught up in the percentages and not taking much notice of the dropbox showing “Accept but warn” :smile:

Userlevel 3
Badge

@MarciaW no problem, I’m glad I could help. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@etrojan73  I have changed the setting on the vendor record:

But it is not coming through that way to my PO’s for this vendor.  I thought this would be at least the default action?

Badge

Yes it should be the default action. But when you import your vendors you can set it to Reject - with the initial implementation. The problem also with it not being set to Reject as the default is that if Users forget to correct this then it defaults to what is usually a breach of company policy when managing receipt of items… so fully agree that the default should be set to Reject.

@Dana Moffat 

Userlevel 4
Badge

OK this is now resolved.  However - the vendor class default is only used on the main vendor location, other vendor locations do not use this default, they seem to be using a system default for receipt actions.  A separate issue, but possibly a bit of a bug.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved