I am trying to configure the create and authorize process for our client but cannot get it to pick up credit card payments.
From what I read and currently understand, I can use the Create and Authorize function in the Process Orders to look at all orders I want to ship and get a credit card pre-authorization.
Client business process:
- The company will create products that are pre-sold up to 3 months before delivery.
- The same sales order may have multiple lines with different promise dates.
- When the product is ready to ship, the company will get a pre-authorizations to know what shipments should be created.
- The card will be charged once the shipment is confirmed.
Configuration and issue:
- I set up a client with visatok as the payment method in the demo system.
- I entered a sales order for an in stock item with 2 lines. One had today's date and the other one had a future date.
- I used the create and authorize from the process order.
Nothing showed up in the create and authorize screen. To validate the order shipping eligibility, I used create shipment and the order the order showed up, indicating there was no date or inventory availability issue.
- Is my understanding of the Create and Authorize process correct?
- If so, what are the order prerequisites for the Create and Authorize process to detect orders that need a credit card pre-authorization?
Best answer by markusray17View original