Solved

Change Standard Cost to FIFO

• 3 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I reduced the Quantities On Hand for all Stock Items to -0-.

To effect a change in Valuation Method, can this be accomplished by changing the associated Item Class records? As I adjust the quantities and costs back in, will the Item Class record make the change to each Item record?

Or do I need to make the change to each Inventory item record to make the valuation change take effect?

icon

Best answer by kristianharianja 3 September 2021, 16:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi, the change on the valuation method has to be done on the inventory item. Item class configuration will only affect new item. 
The mass update could be easily done via import scenario using the stock item generic inquiry as data provider once the stock is zero. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have my stock quantities reduced to zero. I am ready to run the  import scenario using the stock item generic inquiry as data provider. I don’t find an import scenario by that name. What is it called, and where can I find it? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

There is no ready to use import scenario to update inventoryvaluation method, you have to create new one. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved