Solved

Cannot add a warehouse to a stock item

• 24 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Suddenly we cannot add a warehouse to a stock item.

No errors, just no ability to save as is it grayed out.

I thought is was possibly related to a customization.  However, I have tested against multiple unrelated instances with the same results.

Has there been a windows update or something causing problems?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 25 August 2022, 00:46

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ltussing03 

Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

“+” is grayed out so we have to go to add warehouse detail.  On that screen, “Save” is grayed out so we cannot hit save.

Badge +18

Hi, Have the settings in Enable/Disable features been adjusted recently?  Please check to see if Multiple Warehouses is turned on.

Hmmm - I found another tenant in the same condition as your post - and it has Multiple warehouses turned ON, so it’s not enable/disable.  I don’t think it’s access rights because I’m administrator. Still looking…

Update:  Maybe this isn’t an answer, but more of a work-around. When I clicked Add Warehouse Detail, and in Warehouse Detail I clicked ‘Override Manager’ then I was able to save the new warehouse record to the Stock Item. It seems like I have to make some change besides entering the Item and Warehouse - click any checkbox, or modify any 3rd field, and then Save button is available. I’m testing in 2022 R1, Build 22.105.0031. Hope this helps you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Laura,

Yes this does make the save button ungray itself.

We don’t have product managers and have never had to do this before.

THANK YOU for the work around.

I have a support case open and still suspect an issue with a Windows update or something since this affecting multiple unrelated URLs and instances.

THANK YOU

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ltussing03 

For this, you can select ADD Warehouse Detail on the bar:

Then choose the new warehouse, and I usually have to select and then unselect a checkbox. Then you will be able to save:

This is from my local version. I have no customizations either. I believe this is standard functionality. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Yes it appears so.

Thanks for confirming.

I am unsure why they have the “+”  button available since it isn’t active.

Thanks again for confirming!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yes it appears so.

Thanks for confirming.

I am unsure why they have the “+”  button available since it isn’t active.

Thanks again for confirming!

I agree, unsure why it is there if there is no functionality to it. 

Userlevel 1

Hi, Have the settings in Enable/Disable features been adjusted recently?  Please check to see if Multiple Warehouses is turned on.

Hmmm - I found another tenant in the same condition as your post - and it has Multiple warehouses turned ON, so it’s not enable/disable.  I don’t think it’s access rights because I’m administrator. Still looking…

Update:  Maybe this isn’t an answer, but more of a work-around. When I clicked Add Warehouse Detail, and in Warehouse Detail I clicked ‘Override Manager’ then I was able to save the new warehouse record to the Stock Item. It seems like I have to make some change besides entering the Item and Warehouse - click any checkbox, or modify any 3rd field, and then Save button is available. I’m testing in 2022 R1, Build 22.105.0031. Hope this helps you.

The Item Warehouse Details Work-Around works great! Thanks for sharing!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved