Skip to main content

Our client has many PO receipts from when they went live where the received quantity does not match the order quantity or billed quantity, but the dollar amounts match.  The client has created returns for these receipts that also have quantities that do not match.  Will Acumatica allow them to create a bill for the receipt and create a debit memo to apply to the bill if the quantities are off?  Is the PO link truly broken so it would work?  They currently do not have a test environment-space issues to test it out.

$              -  
                           $          (256.50)  $               -      $              -  

Hello,

To make sure I understand your question:

1. PO0050611 in the above example contains one line with item 40650HRD-BI, Qty ordered 30, and total cost 256.50.
  2. Receipt for 3 items was entered for the total cost $256.50.
  3. Return for 3 items was entered for the total cost $-256.50.
  4. Three items were received but $256.50 represents the cost for 30 items.

I expect your client can create a Bill and a Debit Adjustment for the above Receipt and Return and can apply them to each other.

I don’t think anything is “broken” in your Acumatica system. Acumatica is flexible so we can enter transactions that may differ from the PO in either quantity or amount.

Vendor Purchase settings default to the PO’s to tell Acumatica whether shipments that are over/under will be accepted, whether un-received quantities are expected (backorder), whether to close the PO based on $$ amounts or quantity received. We can manually complete lines that wont’ be shipped when the system doesn’t automatically close lines based on the settings of the PO.

Has your question been answered?

Best regards,

Laura

Thank you for your help.  I was able to test in the client’s local environment and it worked both on the financial side and it cleared the lines from the Purchase Accrual Details report and closed the purchase order.

Thank you Laura for your assitance with this.