Solved

Can an attribute field be mapped to a GI and auto updated with the GI field changes?

• 25 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Can an attribute field be mapped to a GI and auto updated with the GI field changes?  We want to use “calculating columns” in a GI and then have the calculated amount auto-updated to an attribute field.  Is this possible? 

icon

Best answer by Brian Stevens 26 July 2021, 14:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@dougmcbride79   I don’t think it is possible in standard Acumatica GI.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Like Naveen, I’m not sure if this is possible or a preferred method.  User Defined Fields (a relatively recent low code/no code enhancement) leverages attributes to add a field to certain screens, which would be available to all records presented by the screen.  More traditional attributes, i.e. those attached to various classes, are subject to change by class and therefore a little messy to maintain for all possible classes of an object such as items or vendors.

I don’t know if you are a developer or have access to a developer resource, but you might define a custom field (i.e. UsrXXMyCustomCalc) and use a PXForumla attribute to populate it.  In some use cases, you might be able to get by with an unbound (not in the database) field, but some use cases require a bound field so the underlying SQL statement generated by Acumatica can retrieve the value in cases where business logic is not yet applied.

An old but good post showing some possibilities with PXFormula can be found asiablog.acumatica.com.  You also can find help on PXFormula by searching help for PXFormula or Calculation of Field Values.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thank you.  I greatly appreciate your help. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved