Solved

Can Acumatica regulate the expiry date in lot/serial tracked inventory shipment/transfers?

• 30 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Connections, 

I’ve a query related to expiry date control in Acumatica. Every inventory is specified as lot/serial and has an expiry date. As a result, based on that approach, expired items should not be processed.

Is there any evidence that an item was expired at the time of shipment/transfer? Either Warning Message/ Allow / Don’t Allow Setups.,  I couldn't find any settings that would help me control this concern.  Hope you guys can help me on this topic. 

Thanks 

Ram 

icon

Best answer by Hannah Barnes 30 December 2022, 15:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @9001 ,

Currently, this is a Product Idea for improvement you can find here: 

https://community.acumatica.com/ideas/possibility-to-disable-the-selling-of-expired-items-3846

It is now in the Gathering Feedback stage.

Please vote for the idea and add your feedback there so that our product managers can review.

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @9001 ,

Currently, this is a Product Idea for improvement you can find here: 

https://community.acumatica.com/ideas/possibility-to-disable-the-selling-of-expired-items-3846

It is now in the Gathering Feedback stage.

Please vote for the idea and add your feedback there so that our product managers can review.

Thank you!

Hi Hannah, 
Is there any way that this can be accelerated? I can’t think of any business that respects their customers that would allow to sell or consume expired Product.

Basically any type of Issue Transaction needs to be restricted or there needs to be a function on the Lot/Serial Class to control this.

I was shocked to realize that Acumatica doesn’t have any control around this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @krausef77,

Thanks for reaching out! 
I see that you also updated the Product Idea with your thoughts. Thank you!

The product managers are monitoring that page to add to the feedback they are currently gathering.

I would keep an eye on that page for updates.

Hannah

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Hannah Barnes , I don’t have access to vote for this idea.
We are also working with food/beverage companies and they are using same Lot Class to track expiry date and issue by expiration date. But system allows them the ship expired items which is causing a massive issue as they are also acting as a 3PL for franchised customers processing multiple orders a day.

Is there any update on this change?

Thanks,

Foujan

Badge

Any updates on this? The link above doesn’t work for me.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The link didn’t work for me either. I had to search for the idea title: “Possibility to disable the selling of expired items” then I found it.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved