Solved

Break amount on Discounts not working

• 8 February 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello, I am having an issue creating a discount that has break amounts. The discount I am trying to create is a manual line discount related to item and customer entities. The discount works if I set the break amount as 0, but will not apply if I set the break amount as anything else. 

Would appreciate any help on this! 

icon

Best answer by etrojan73 8 February 2022, 21:10

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @eleanorp  I created in my local a copy of your discount. It worked to be able to apply it. What exactly are you having trouble with or what errors are you getting?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21, thanks for your help!

When I enter the discount code, I get this error message: “The Discount Code has no matching Discount Sequence to apply.” Obviously the line amount is way over the break point. The item and customer are all correct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @eleanorp 

Please provide screenshot of Discount code screen that reflects NEST discount code .

What is the document date you are using ? 

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @vkumar, thanks for your help!

I have included the screenshot below.

Please let me know what I’m missing! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks, what is the date of your document?

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good Morning @eleanorp 

Hope you are doing well… I was able to replicate the error when I select the discount code on the line manually. What this error message means is that the criteria for the discount code is not being met somehow.

I noticed your NEST discount on the Discount Code screen is applicable to customer and item. Do you have the customer and the item defined on the Discounts screen? If you enter the Customer and Item into this screen and enter a new sales order for that combination of customer and item, you can select the discount code manually on the SO line and the system will accept it. 

Even though this discount is setup as a manual discount, the criteria for the discount must still be met. In this case it’s the customer and item combination. Without seeing those screens I cannot confirm but that sounds like it could be the case. I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @etrojan73 , unfortunately the customer and item are correct, I have included three screenshots below. I know they are correct because if I remove the break amount, the discount works perfectly. 

Any other ideas why this might not be working?

@vkumar You can see the dates in the screenshots as well :)

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@eleanorp, I just noticed the active checkbox is unchecked for the discount. Did you just unselect that active box recently? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@etrojan73 Oh yes sorry, I did that after testing yesterday so no one tried to use it by accident. It is the same when it is reactivated.

Just so you can see what I mean, if I remove the break amount it works perfectly, as in the screenshots below:

Thanks for all your help!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@eleanorp what version and build of Acumatica are you running?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@etrojan73 I am using 2020R2 build 20.212.0038; however we are soon switching to 2021R2 so I tried it in the sandbox we have, to the same results.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@eleanorp , we have to be missing a setting somewhere. There is a tab for Pricing on the Accounts Receivable Preferences screen. Is the line discount basis set to Ext Price? 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved