Solved

Box barcodes

• 17 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

How has anyone set up box barcodes in Acumatica for shipping? 

When using the mobile app, it asks you to scan the box when you pack. You can simply type in the box code such as A but the client would like to scan the label for the box. 

Any thoughts or suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Jeff96 18 April 2023, 15:45

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Does the barcode match the box code set up in the system? If yes, it should work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Does the barcode match the box code set up in the system? If yes, it should work.

Where does that get set up in the system @Jeff96 ? I looked under boxes and carriers and did not see it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Where does that get set up in the system @Jeff96 ? I looked under boxes and carriers and did not see it. 

I’m not sure I understand your question. The barcode represents a string of text that is recognized when scanning. If that text matches the box ID (set up on screen CS207600), then Acumatica will pick it up.

It might be I’m not understanding your original question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Jeff96 

ON this screen, I do not see anywhere to put the barcode or create it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

If the box ID is “A”, you need to create a barcode that says A. You can use any free barcode creator online, or do it via excel to do it in bulk.

Do your boxes have barcodes already? If yes, what does the barcode say? 

Userlevel 6
Badge

We also need help setting up “box” barcodes.  Thank you for posting this question. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

We also need help setting up “box” barcodes.  Thank you for posting this question. 

Here is how it’s done. 

Unlike stock items, Acumatica has no separate barcode field on the boxes screen. So, if you want to be able to scan the box, you must set up the Box ID with the barcode text.

If you have a scanner that plugs into a PC, you can click on the Box ID field when adding a new box and physically scan the box, and the string of text from the barcode will populate. 

Once you are done setting up the boxes, you need to add them to the Ship Via, or it won’t be available when trying to ship.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

If the box ID is “A”, you need to create a barcode that says A. You can use any free barcode creator online, or do it via excel to do it in bulk.

There are currently no box barcodes, so I will use your suggestion of a free tool. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

There are currently no box barcodes, so I will use your suggestion of a free tool. 

I use THIS link. Or follow THIS article on how to do them in Excel.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved