Solved

Automatically update Sales Price after receipt or bill releasing

• 14 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

We previously maintain our sales price manually. Although we can leverage the sales price worksheet. But it is mainly manually.

Currently , we are short of staff. So we are seeking a way to see if this is possible.
Like:
      After Purchase receipt/bill be released, the receipt item’s avg cost are changed. so accordingly, the sales price changed consequently as the cost changed.

Is this function out of box?
     Please advise.

icon

Best answer by ray20 15 April 2022, 05:57

View original

8 replies

Badge +16

Hello, There is no ‘out of the box’ feature to update Prices on inventory items. 

You might take advantage of Minimum Markup fields in stock items screen, Price/cost tab, to warn users when they sell an item, if the minimum markup % was not achieved by default price on an item. 

You could use a customization to update price by certain % when cost increases.

Sales Price Worksheets don’t need to be manual. Look for the features to copy in groups of items to worksheet, and increase their pricing automatically by %, for example:

Worksheets can also be imported from Excel or using Import Scenarios for mass update.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thank you, we are using worksheet, but it still require human interaction.

What the management want most is to system automatically update prices.  NO Human involved.

Badge +16

It seems to me  like you will need a customization. Maybe someone else will come along and post more ideas for you.  Good luck.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

You could potentially do it using business events and an import scenario if you wanted to avoid customization. The business event would trigger when a bill/receipt is released and trigger an import scenario that would update the prices. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@markusray17 @laura01 
Thank you both.  so as far as you know, even the latest Acumatica version does NOT provide this feature out of box?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

It is not unfortunately, there are a few cost+ suggestions in the ideas forum but I don't think any of them really gained enough traction.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@markusray17 
That is strange. People don’t care about the price and cost relationship?
Maybe, a lot of users determine the price only according to the Market price, not according to the actually cost😂

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@markusray17 
Thanks to Mark’s idea.
Yes, I used business event to fulfill my need.

Although I am not triggerred at the exact time of the document releasing.
The schedule is running on daily basis.   It also does not require the exactly real-time.

My steps below:
1, using a GI to monitor the  “INitemcost”,  and the INitemcost.lastcostdate>= Today
2, Using the GI as a BE’s datasource
3, Subscribing a import scenario

4, Also can subscribe a email to notify the user price has been updated.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved