Solved

Attribute with selector cannot be added to Inventory Item Class

• 8 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am trying to add an Attribute that has a selector control type to an inventory ID. I set it up as follows:

I then go to the inventory ID class and try to select it but it is not available:

Observations:

1. If I change the attribute type to anything other than selector, it becomes available in the Class ID Attribute screen.
  2. I tested the selector by creating a user ID field and adding the selector to a user defined field. It worked as expected.

Is there a restriction or issue with adding a selector type field to to inventory class id?

icon

Best answer by hkabiri 8 February 2022, 17:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@michael73 As of now this type of Attribute, control Type = Selector is not supported in Item Class thus, cannot be added to Inventory Item as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I was afraid of that. Thank you for the quick response.

Badge

I was afraid of that. Thank you for the quick response.

Big time bummer…...Just went through everything you did and came here to find out why it didn’t work.  grrrrr…..

Edit:  And stock items doesn’t allow user defined fields…...double whammy

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved