A dropdown input popup when add item

• 21 January 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Everyone,

We just upgraded our Acumatica from 2019r1 to 2020r2 this week. I find a new thing when I add  items to order. A dropdown input always follows the last item. Does anyone know what it is used for?  

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @larryly ,

This is not expected and likely caused by style sheets/scripts from 2019R1 that are still cached by your browser. I suggest trying to clear your browser cache and reloading the page again; I am pretty sure it will resolve the issue.

If you need help clearing your browser cache, I suggest this article.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Gabriel Michaud 

Thank you for your suggestion. I cleared my browser a few times and even cleared everything listed in the clear option. But the dropdown input still shows up.  I don’t know Acumatica how to upgrade their software. Maybe it’s caused by CSS as you said, but I think it’s on the server end. I tried a different browser that never logs into Acumatica. It still has this dropdown input.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@larryly strange... are they using a custom Acumatica UI theme? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Gabriel Michaud  Nope. We use default official UI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @larryly 

We have also upgraded to 20R2 from 20R1 but we have never seen this issue.  When we inspect that dropdown field, is it showing any customization field name?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Naveen B   It’s an empty dropdown list in our production environment. But in our training the dropdown looks like below. So I guess some CSS styles are not working well after the upgrade. It should be under PO Source.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@larryly Yeah!! might be. But this is weird.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Naveen B   I know. It’s weird. I guess it’s because we jumped over two major versions, 2019R1 to 2020R2 have too many changes. Some data may conflict in those changes.  Will ask our partner to fix it. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@larryly do you have any custom themes or customizations with JavaScript or CSS?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@samvellaHBl7QVBU6C6KqXsC79Q    Nope. We didn’t change any javascript and css. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved