Solved

Is "Order Line Nbr" on invoice detail lines the sales order detail line number?

• 3 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have an integration written that matches an external invoice line to an Acumatica invoice line. 

I am matching our external invoice line to an SO line, then using that same line to lookup the correct line on the Acumatica invoice.It occasionally fails to make a match.

I found that “Order Line Nbr.” is available on the Acumatica invoice detail lines. 

• Is "Order Line Nbr" on invoice detail lines the sales order detail line number for the matching SO line?
  • Should I match to this rather than Line “Nbr”?
  • Why would these lines differ?

Thanks for any help.

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 4 February 2024, 16:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Order Line Nbr. is indeed the reference to the Sales Order Line.

And the Invoice Line Nbr can be different from the related Order Line nbr in many scenarios, e.g. if there are multiple invoices for the same sales order or multiple sales orders included in the same invoice. Also, Freight is included in the invoice as a separate line.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Dmitrii Naumov Thanks so much. Seems logical - I just did not know definitively that Sales Order = Order. Since a Sales Order is a type of Order, it makes sense.

Also, Kudos on your REST APIs and Visual Studio talk at Summit. I found it most educational. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved