Solved

Inventory Adjustment asking for ReceiptNbr using RESTAPI

• 10 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello, I am new to Acumatica and I am facing this same issue when integrating with service using the web service endpoints, for the Inventory Adjustment.

So, a service that should call this api end point only has the inventory id and how much qty with a reason code, and no other data.

So when looking at how Acumatica does the process of inventory Adjustments, I was confused with the ReceiptNbr.

When testing the service on my local instance using Postman:

this request works but I don’t know how can I find this value when sending the put request.

How will my api call determine which ReceiptNbr to use for a specific InventoryID, cause if I don’t put this I get an error:

error I am getting when not putting the receiptNbr in my put end-point

So, I would love if someone already faced this issue and can tell me what solution they implemented.

Or is there something I am missing so I don’t have to put ReceiptNbr in the request, and how Acumatica can figure it out?

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 10 February 2023, 18:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jdeol 

Please try with the below sample,

Url -Instanceurl /entity/Default/20.200.001/InventoryAdjustment
Method -PUT

{
"Details": [
{
"InventoryID": {
"value": "AALEGO500"
},
"LocationID": {
"value": "R1S1"
},
"Qty": {
"value": 5.000000
},
"WarehouseID": {
"value": "WHOLESALE"
}
}
]
}

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jinin ,

I am still getting the same error:

I think it is because there is something that is linking b/w the inventoryID and the receipt (when it came into inventory),

for example even on my local instance I will put try to add an adjustment manually like

adding just and inventory item
the error message shows :
'Receipt Nbr.' cannot be empty.

Is there something on the preference page I can change that automatically calculates the ‘ReceiptNbr.’ when I just add inventoryID, qty and WarehouseID?   So I don;t have to include it in the body of the API call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jdeol what are you actually trying to do?

If you are trying to reduce/increase qty of some item, the proper way would be to use InvetoryIssue or InventoryReceipt instead of InventoryAdjustment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jdeol 

Actually adjustments will not normally ask for Receipt number.

Is that a lot serial product?  If yes, can you check with normal product?

And also, can you please check any customization included on this screen?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We’ve just run into something similar and we believe it may relate to FIFO/LIFO costing where it needs the receipt number to identify the appropriate cost layer to adjust from

I think with average costing you might have better luck

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved