Solved

Error exceptionMessage: Entity without screen binding cannot be used as top level entity.

• 17 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Please help me out from this exception Message. I don’t understand why this happen.

All API working fine, but in some API occurred a error.

Please suggest me a solution for this issue.

icon

Best answer by Vignesh Ponnusamy 22 March 2023, 16:00

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ashishCodecorners, From the screenshot, I assume you trying to extract the Customer list from the Discount screen. As you can see in the below screenshot, DiscountCustomerDetail object is child entity of Discount entity. Also, the entity name of the DiscountCustomerDetail object is Customers

In the case, you need to include the Top level entity Discount in the request and expand the detail section using entity name Customer and not the object name DiscountCustomerDetail . Below is the request URL you can try,

• <<Your Instance URL>>/Entity/Default/22.200.001/Discount?$expand=Customers

If you like to filter a specific Discount, you can use filter like below,

• <<Your Instance URL>>/Entity/Default/22.200.001/Discount?$filter=DiscountCode eq 'DOC00C000'&$expand=Customers

I hope that helps.! To read more about the parameters in the request, refer, https://help.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=c5e2f36a-0971-4b33-b127-3c3fe14106ff

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved