Question

Endpont extension migrate to new Default version

• 17 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

Our solution features an extended endpoint (v 18.200.001 Default, System Contract 3) that has grown over the years to contain a lot of crucial elements not expoed in the standard endpoint.

We are wanting to stay with the times and derive from a newer endpoint version (22.2) and we've tinkered with the project.xml file a bit only to get an endpoint that 'sort of' works but not well enough to use. Specifically, the resulting endpoint can't export the swagger definition for building a client.

So my question: Is there an automated means of migrating an extended endpoint to a newer version, or will we have to just export it to Excel and build the new one manually?

Understandably we would prefer, if at all possible, to automate this and mitigate the human element and several cycles of fixing errors.

Thanks! 

Mike

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Mike, 

Unfortunately there is no upgrade tool for the endpoints at the moment.

On more simple endpoint extensions we do recommend trying to upgrade with the project.xml.

It seems you will have to build the new one manually.

Best regards,

Aaron

Hi Aaron, thanks for the response.

Since you verified the project.xml ‘fudge’ as a valid approach I looked deeper and found the gotcha was some entities that are now part of standard (i.e. InventoryIssue and Shipment Package Contents/Details) that were causing collisions in the Swagger routines.

Once I cleared that up we now have a fully upgraded endpoint, or at least close enough to start testing.

Best, 

Mike 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved