Solved

Creating Project Record in Postman - REST API

• 17 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Team - I'm encountering an error while trying to create a new project record in Postman. I've included all the mandatory fields that are required when creating a project directly in the UI.

Here's the issue:

• I'm getting an error when sending the request through Postman.
  • I'm unsure if fields like "ProjectID" need to be populated when creating a record. In the UI, these seem to be generated automatically.

For reference, I included "ProjectID" : {"value" : "<NEW>"} in my request body, but it didn't resolve the error.

Could someone please advise on:

1. What I might be missing that's causing the error (406) in Postman?
  2. Whether fields like "ProjectID" need a specific value when creating a record or are they indeed auto-generated?

I was referring the below link to create request, 
https://help.acumatica.com/(W(15))/Wiki/ShowWiki.aspx?pageid=13f5f5b8-33d1-40d9-83db-3f3dfc5dcba9

icon

Best answer by ruchikasharma23 17 April 2024, 15:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Subbu 
I noticed that you are making a POST request. For creating and updating records, please use a PUT request.
Also, auto numbering of ProjectID depends on what is set here:

Thanks @ruchikasharma23 . I tried POST, and it worked.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved