Solved

API and special characters

• 1 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

After a couple of rounds of trying to “PUT” records into the Stock Item that have the # symbol I’m beginning to think the API framework doesn’t accept special characters. Can someone confirm this? 

I’m using Power Automate Desktop to invoke the web service and insert stock items. I’ve tried the Replace Text action  (replace # with %%23 also replace # with \#), none of which work. 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by jamest 5 September 2023, 19:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi, can you share a bit information on about the API call?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jamest, Are you trying to using special character in the key field(like InventoryID)? Please share the steps to reproduce the issue/behavior. Thanks, 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ok, @yhartman ‘s post game me an idea. There are two api calls. The first one is to see if the stock item exists based off the description. I had to use “%%23” in the variable for that to work. 

For the second call (PUT if the item doesn’t exist), I was able to use the “#”. It looks like I’m ok now. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @jamest!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved