Solved

Surrogate Field Attributes Customisation

• 10 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Good day everyone, 

I am trying to update the Display name of a field on the AR508000 screen and I get the following error:

The underlying field is a surrogate. Attribute overriding for this field is not supported.

These are the fields in question on the ARDocumentList data view.

I have tried extending the DAC and also tried changing it via the CacheAttached but cannot get it to work correctly or publish it without errors. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by DewaldKC 11 January 2024, 02:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Sorry I am not a developer but I can tell you that you will need to link the PMProject table which will have the descriptions you are attempting to use as a reference. 

Hopefully if that does not point you in the right direction someone else can give you a more code-focused solution. 

Thanks!

You can add the PMProject DAC but that would change the Display name on the Project screens as well. I have found a work around in the meantime by updating the attribute in the Row Selected event which works perfectly. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @DewaldKC!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved