Solved

PX.Objects.FS dll issue?

• 6 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

I’m looking for some help on how to resolve the error below:

This error occurs on trying to sign into Acumatica/(MYOB).  I’m working on a customisation project and everything was fine until I tried to add a selector for FSEquipment.  The steps I took to generate the issue were:

1. Add field and selector to DAC
  2. Customisation has missing Assembly reference for FS Equipment, so I added that

3. Plus, Added Reference to PX.Objects.FS

This is when the problem occurred.  Undoing all of the above doesn’t fix the problem.  Also I think I added PX.Objects.FS from another build of MYOB which was sitting in the Browse section of the reference manager.  Have been through all references and confirmed that they are from the correct version of MYOB.

So, how do I Fix the error?  Looks like an issue with the login page that is now referencing something it shouldn’t.  I can’t get into Acumatica at all so can’t unpublish customization.

Any help greatly appreciated as I’ve spent around 4 hours thus far looking for a solution.

Thanks,

John.

icon

Best answer by Shawn Burt 6 October 2022, 21:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Assuming its a local install you can repair your install of Acumatica. that will replace any invalid DLLs

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Shawn,

Thanks so much for your response.  Yes it is a local instance.  Next question is ho to repair?  Have been into configuration manager and see options to Upgrade but not repair.  Am also looking on the forum for a “How to Repair” article.  Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Shawn,

Problem solved!  Went to Config Manager and choose the Upgrade option.  Received warning about all files being deleted, took a backup, and then upgraded. 

Result is that I can now get back into Acumatica.  Was a bit concerned that the build number would change through the upgrade (am currently snapshotting/transferring data from a live site and the requirement to have exactly the same build number to transfer data is a pain, but understandable)

All of the customisation work I had done to date was preserved through the upgrade.  Thank you so much for your help.  I spent 4 hours on this.  Most proficient programmers know that little pieces of information and experience on how to fix these type of problems are hard won.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Just to conclude this topic.  When I repeated the process of steps 1 to 3 that caused this issue, and made 100% sure that in step 3 I added the reference to PX.Objects.FS from the right Bin folder for the project, everything worked perfectly.

So definitely a case of choosing the wrong DLL messing everything up.  Thanks for helping me learn about Acumatica!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

sorry should have mentioned that, yes a repair is Update Website Only. But you want to do it with the exact same version you are on. If you have updated the installer then you want to Upgrage “both” so the site and DB stay synced version wise

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks for Clarifying

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved