Solved

Open Popup Note section without clicking on Notes Section.

• 6 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello community,

I have a requirement where the Popup Note section should be displayed when updating a field (e.g., Vendor).

I attempted to find the logic for the Note Action, but unfortunately, I did not find any assistance.

Is it possible to show the Notes Popup section without clicking on the Notes section for the selected vendor or customer?

How can we call the notes action to display the popup note from a Field Updated or Row Selected event?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sagar

icon

Best answer by Vignesh Ponnusamy 6 December 2023, 20:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @sagar07,

I am not sure if it possible show the notes, the action will not be available in the graph as the control is part of the core.

I am not fully aware of your use case here. So as an suggestion, you can try something like below to show a message in a dialogue box, 

var note = PXNoteAttribute.GetNote(Base.Document.Cache, Base.Document.Current);
Base.Document.Ask(note, MessageButtons.OK);

You can try the above in the FieldUpdated event, so each time the field the updated you can show the message. 

Hope that helps, good luck.!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Vignesh Ponnusamy ,

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to display it as a message box as you recommended.

However, I'm currently trying to open a Notes popup section for the current vendor, and each time the vendor updates it, the Notes Popup section should automatically open.

I'm also attempting to find the code to trigger this action, but, as you mentioned, the Notes section is part of the core, and I haven't found any helpful resources.

I appreciate your time.

Regards,

Sagar

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved