Solved

Installation of a new theme

• 9 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello, 

After reading Mark Franks’ article on custom themes (https://www.acumatica.com/blog/acumatica-customization-theming-white-labeling/), I was inspired and created my own theme. It works great on my local install but I’ve no idea how to package it up so that it can be installed on a remote instance. 

My theme is just a copy of the ‘Default’ theme with a few changes to the 00_controls.css file. I cannot see any obvious way to add the theme directory or css file to the customization package.

Sadly the Mark Franks article doesn’t cover this topic and I’ve not managed to find a solution online. 

Does anyone know if it’s possible and how it should be done?

Thanks
Steve

icon

Best answer by stephenward03 10 March 2023, 11:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi, looks like I missed the obvious solution. In the customisation package, in the Files section, you can add new files - the App_Themes directory is available all the files from the custom theme can be included (see below). Tested and working - simple when you know how. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @stephenward03 

I believe it would be similar to how a customization should be created to change the login images:
How to replace images on the Sign-In page | Community (acumatica.com)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved