Solved

how to set decimal

• 12 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all,

where can I format this to lessen decimal nos.? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 12 January 2023, 09:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@paula012 Open the report in Report Designer and set the field number format to  #,##0.00  for example if you want 2 digit decimal 

Also see below post for reference 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@aaghaei I’m needing to do the same thing but can’t seem to get it to work in report designer. 

For system settings, the decimal places under companies and currencies are both set to 2. In my project quote, the quote total pulls only two places, but my line items all pull four. 

Here’s the formula for the field value: 

=IIf([CROpportunityProducts.CuryAmount]<> 0.00, '$' + [CROpportunityProducts.CuryAmount], '') which I believe is the out of box Acumatica coding. 

I entered #,##0.00, as mentioned above for the appearance formatting, but it still isn’t pulling correctly. Any ideas? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

When a string character like ‘$’ is added the returned value becomes a string and number formatting won’t work. Either remove ‘$’ + or encapsulate the value into the Round function and set the desired number of decimal something like Round(FieldName, 2)

Userlevel 4
Badge

@aaghaei Thank you so much! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved