Skip to main content
Solved

How do I add internal emails to a customer record?

I need to add multiple emails to some customer records. These addresses will be accessed via the API. They will be used to alert the users (CSR team) of events that occur outside of Acumatica.

Is there a built-in way to add internal (our company) email addresses? Or, do I need to add a custom field?

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

1. Internal users may be connected to customers as Salespeople.

2. Internal emails can be added to the Mailings tab of customers…this feature is most useful for cc-ing internal staff when documents and notifications are sent to the customer.
3. Internal users could be added as Contacts on the Customers.  Perhaps use an identifiable Title, for the API to recognize.

4. Attribute fields (user defined fields) can be added to hold the emails is internal staff, for use by the API.  
5. Last, a custom field could be used.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

1. Internal users may be connected to customers as Salespeople.

2. Internal emails can be added to the Mailings tab of customers…this feature is most useful for cc-ing internal staff when documents and notifications are sent to the customer.
3. Internal users could be added as Contacts on the Customers.  Perhaps use an identifiable Title, for the API to recognize.

4. Attribute fields (user defined fields) can be added to hold the emails is internal staff, for use by the API.  
5. Last, a custom field could be used.

Laura

@Laura02 Thank you.
I have been considering adding them as Contacts. Do users in contacts get all correspondences sent to the customer? Could the internal users be segregated via contact class?

Badge +18

Hello, Users added as contacts do not automatically receive all correspondence sent from Acumatica to the Customer. For example, by default, emailed invoices and statements go only to the billing contact (plus any contacts that have been added to the Mailings tab of the customer).

On the mailings tab, we can add more reports/mailings/notifications and we explicitly specify to which contacts these communications will be sent. It is possible to add a new Mailing to a customer and assign the new mailing only to our internal Recipients.

Acumatica does have Contact Classes ; it looks like Contact Classes is part of Acumatica CRM. Contacts can have Attributes - perhaps an Attribute on the Contact or some Detail like Job Title can help.