Solved

Having Strange Data Issues in Sales Demo and in Customizations using Sales Demo Data

• 13 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

This is 2022 R2 : Build 22.215.0056

I am having all kinds of weird things happening in the data of the Sales Demo that I do not understand.

Issue #1: (With No Customizations Published) 

When I look in the database file (Using SQL Manager) I see that there is a stock inventory Item named: “GoPro”

But when I search for it in the IIS Application, it is not found:

Issue #2

I have extended the DAC for InventoryItem to add a field: UsrASGDescX -- it is an extended description field. I would like to also search by this field in Inventory Lookup on Sales Order. 

This is the definition of my field in the DAC:

#region UsrASGDescX
[PXString]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Extended Description")]

public virtual string UsrASGDescX { get; set; }
public abstract class usrASGDescX : PX.Data.BQL.BqlString.Field<usrASGDescX> { }
#endregion

I have created a GI which allows me to see the extended data fields:

I go to the inventory Item AALEGO500 -- since I can see it in the SQL Server AND the IIS Application. I set the Extended field in SQL SERVER:

I run my GI, and I see the record OK, but the extended field is empty (Same InventoryID, but no extended field data):

So, I can add the column in the GI. But, here’s another weird thing, if I try to add it as a field and select it in the Results Tab of the GI, the field does not show up:

So I have no idea how I can test this. (And I have tried it in other customers systems, and get similar weirdness… I just figure that using the stock sales demo data is a better place to start.)

Any ideas on this???

icon

Best answer by Django 13 October 2023, 16:19

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello @mjgrice32 ,

I can answer the first question:  GOPRO is a Deleted record that is visible in SQL and no longer visible in the user interface:

Deleted Database Record

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Your custom field should probably be

[PXDBString]

and not

[PXString]

if you plan to store/retrieve the extended description in/from the database itself.

I’m guessing that you created the field in the table and populated it with SQL.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @mjgrice32 ,

I can answer the first question:  GOPRO is a Deleted record that is visible in SQL and no longer visible in the user interface:

Deleted Database Record

I knew it would be something like that! Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Your custom field should probably be

[PXDBString]

and not

[PXString]

if you plan to store/retrieve the extended description in/from the database itself.

I’m guessing that you created the field in the table and populated it with SQL.

Aaaaah! Nice catch! That’s what I get for programming at 2am. I’ll change it and see if that makes the difference. THANK YOU!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved