Solved

Get files dialog 'Comments'

• 27 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +11

How can I programmatically get the ‘Comments’ of a file attached to an entity.

I’ve tried several different ways but the ‘Comments’ field always returns empty.

I can get the files with the following code:

UploadFileMaintenance uploadFileMaintenance = PXGraph.CreateInstance<UploadFileMaintenance>();
var files = PXNoteAttribute.GetFileNotes(Base.Message.Cache, email);

I tried this to get the comment:

string comment = uploadFileMaintenance.GetFileComment(file.Name) ?? string.Empty;

Also this:

string comment = file.Comment ?? string.Empty;

Nothing seems to work.

icon

Best answer by jinin 27 January 2022, 19:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Deetz 

Can you please try like below? 

Guid fileId = doc.FileID.Value;
 var result = (PXResult<UploadFile, UploadFileRevisionNoData>)GetFileByID(sender.Graph).SelectSingle(fileId);
                            UploadFile file = (UploadFile)result;
                            UploadFileRevision fileRev = (UploadFileRevision)result;
                            if (file != null && fileRev != null && !string.IsNullOrEmpty(file.Name))
                            {

string comment = fileRev.Comment != null ? TextUtils.EscapeString(fileRev.Comment, '@', '$') : string.Empty;

}

Badge +11

@jinin - Where does ‘GetFileByID’ come from?

Badge +11

I just wrote a BQL select on those two tables in a fashion similar to what I assume that custom method did, and I got it to work. Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved