Question

Fast Fields Not working in Mobile App

• 23 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

This is kind of a follow-up to my last post.

Add Custom Columns to InventoryID lookup in Sales Orders

The main issue now is that my Fast Fields, which work in the web application:

Are not working in the mobile app

Is there something special I have to do to make that happen?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @mjgrice32 

This appears to be a known limitation for the mobile app. When I tested it as well, it does not find my Vendor alternate ID. 

You could customize it.

Here is an older post that may help you:

https://community.acumatica.com/distribution-6/issue-with-displaying-inventory-id-in-mobile-app-4727

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @mjgrice32 

This appears to be a known limitation for the mobile app. When I tested it as well, it does not find my Vendor alternate ID. 

You could customize it.

Here is an older post that may help you:

https://community.acumatica.com/distribution-6/issue-with-displaying-inventory-id-in-mobile-app-4727

I scanned the article… it seems in that case, the solution was finally to update a GI, which is not going to work for me.

Apparently, I need to change the behavior of the Sales Order screen itself. My mobile app work is hit and miss but I have never seen a way to change the behavior of a field in the mobile app. I see how to add and subtract fields, but not how to change the way an action or a field behaves via the mobile customization…? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

The mobile is not as robust as an instance and for sure has restrictions. I’m not a developer, but I do know small things to change, however this is not one of them. 

I think you should add an idea for the mobile app to be easier to customize along with your finding. I would think alternate ID’s would be a wanted add on due to the usage of them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mjgrice32 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Chris Hackett  Not yet, no.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved