Solved

Customization Project is not working Properly

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I developed a new changes to my existing customization and migrated to my client uat instance. Yesterday I published the newly modified customized project and working fine with all new functions. I newly added one setup form and some validations into my custom project.

Today our functional team created a new instance using snapshot and all my new changes disappeared. When I checked inside the customization project editor it shows my newly added screen need to published. Old screen is working. I Republished again and now working fine.

I need to know can it be happen when getting a snapshot or otherwise?

Please anyone help me

icon

Best answer by Cesar Betances 31 March 2023, 23:12

View original

10 replies

Badge +11

Was the snapshot taken before or after you published your changes?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

after published my changes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

typically, when importing a snapshot, you may need to republish the customizations in the new environment.  that’s what i’ve noticed when i’ve been in the position.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

hI @iqraharrison48 ,

Need to republish only for the new instance or for all instances.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jeewanishalika20 typically, new instance only since it’s a copy of the previous environment and that customization would already be published original instance, you shouldn’t need to publish to multiple tenants unless multiple instances were created and you wanted to publish to multiple all at the same time

Userlevel 3
Badge

@iqraharrison48 ,

when I add the new changes into my project I have published for the all the instances at same time.

but, our other team get a snapshot after I published new changes and when I checked today in old instance , My new changes are disappeared.Then I republished and changes are applied. Can i know it can be happened or why?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jeewanishalika20 i would submit a ticket to acumatica.  it does seem like strange behavior.  i don’t recall that happening to me after a snapshot is created.  if/when you get feedback from the acumatica support team, could you please share their response/solution

Userlevel 3
Badge

@iqraharrison48 ,

Did support team support for the customizations

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jeewanishalika20 they may be able to explain what’s going on or advise if this is expected behavior or not. however, they will review the customization

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @jeewanishalika20 ,

When working with snapshots and customization on a new instance I would recommend this approach:

-Create the new instance(Acumatica).

-Publish Customization Projects(latest version) in the new instance.

-In the new instance,then import/restore Snapshot.

-After snapshot restored, if customization is not publish then republish the Customization project(Make sure the customization is the latest version of it, re-import customization if you are not sure).

Hope this helps.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved