Solved

Customization Error: Cannot access the uploaded file. Failed to get the latest revision.

• 15 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I published customization in a production tenant, assuming it would add the new screens to the test tenant also. It did not, so attempted to publish in test tenant. I got the error below:

I then unpublished in the first tenant, then tried publishing in test. Same error. 

I found this: acumatica - Error when attempting to Publish Customizations (Cannot access the uploaded file) - Stack Overflow

I located the missing file within the customization, but I don’t understand what the above post means by “remove file link reference”. Nothing I’ve tried works. I tried deleting the file itself and re-uploading, but it says invalid file type. 

Then I found this: How to resolve the 'Cannot access the uploaded file' error on publishing a customization project | Community (acumatica.com)

Tried and didn’t work. I’m sure the missing file I found is the problem, but I can’t figure out how to fix it. Anyone know?

icon

Best answer by jhouser 20 March 2024, 01:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

How are file attachments configured in this environment?  This sounds like maybe they are stored external to the DB and the reference to that file is broken - remember that customizations have a footprint in the file storage as well.

If this is the case, be careful how you resolve this as you could end up having duplicate references if things are not kept straight.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Problem solved: The tenant I was using was from a snapshot excluding attachments. So the error was from the existing packages that were brought over without their attachments. Had nothing to do with new package. A file link within it that said file couldn’t be found threw me off track. 

Restoring a snapshot with attachments allowed me to publish the new package successfully. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @jhouser!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Good day, team - I’m running into this issue as well.  However, the snapshot I’ve received shows the Export Mode as “Full” so the attachments should be included.  Is there any other reason this error would be surfacing?  Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved