Solved

Customer setup as "CU" in BAccount, but there is a record in Vendor table too?

• 22 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

EDITED for clarity.  

I’m not having a problem.  Everything is OK!  😀  But perhaps my knowledge of Acumatica is deficient!

I was wondering if anyone could shed light on this.  The sample data shows AACUSTOMER as a customer.  You can see this in the BAccount table as the type is “CU”.  Prior to 2021R2, there was no record in the Vendor table for this account.  Starting in 2021R2, this account is also showing in the Vendor table.

There is a record in the Customer table (obviously)

There is ALSO a record in the Vendor table:

Is this an “anomaly” in the sample database, or is there some way in Acumatica that a customer can be added to the Vendor table even though the BAccount Type is “CU” and not “VC”?

You cannot bring up AACUSTOMER in the Vendor screen even though there is a record in the Vendor table.  I’m sure it is because the Type in BAccount is “CU”.

icon

Best answer by Vignesh Ponnusamy 24 February 2023, 17:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Joe Schmucker 

From my testing, I think it could be bad data. When I create a new BAccount and create a customer for the BAccount the data is not added to the Vendor table. I don't see any reason or logic that might add Customer data to the vendor table. I compared the existing record with the one I created but I don't find a reason why these records where added to the Vendor table.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@vigneshponnusamy89  Thank you for your work to help me on this!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved