Solved

Custom field not showing up in Dialog grid

• 16 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I created a custom field to go in the grid in the Line Details dialog on the Purchase Receipts screen.

I looked at the solution in the following post, but resetting the defaults on the grid did not make the field show.

EDIT: I found out why this is happening.  See my next comment below.

icon

Best answer by Joe Schmucker 29 March 2024, 21:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I’m on to something.  This customer uses the Acumatica PXLotSerialNbrAttributeExtPkg project.  That project also adds a custom field to the Dialog.  When I unpublished that package, and just published my project, the field DOES show up.

My project is set at a higher level to publish than the PXLot package and I don’t get any warnings that one or the other is being ignored.

This is the dialog (base) that I am editing

When I opened the screen in Project Editor in the PXLot package, it is different that my screen.

It looks like the PXLot package makes a lot of changes to that dialog!  I think I will have to put my field in the PXLot package in order to get it to display.  Or should I completely edit my ASPX in my project to match the one in the PXLot package?

I added the custom field to the PXLot package and it is working, but I really hate that solution. I will now have to edit any future updated PXLot packages to add back this field.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Joe Schmucker were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

The solution I found was to make changes to the PXLotSertialNbrAttributeExtPkg (from Github).

That package makes some wholesale changes to the screen so the only way to do it was modify that project to include my custom fields.

It works fine.  I just don’t like making changes to someone else’s project as it makes more work on upgrades.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved